ARMIDALE TEACHERS' COLLEGE GARDEN CLUB
The Armidale Teachers’ College is set within 3.2 hectares of spectacular grounds featuring rose gardens, extensive hedges and geometric garden beds.
Beyond the entry gates dedicated to WWII Servicemen, are mature elm, oak, pine and cypress trees, many dating from the mid-1800s.
The gardens were originally designed and tended by Frederick T. Dye until his retirement in 1955. A memorial pond to Dye is a prominent feature of the landscaping.
More recently, our gardens have suffered due to drought and neglect.
We are seeking expressions of interest from passionate community members who wish to help us bring our heritage gardens back to their former glory.