SUPPORT THE TEACHERS' COLLEGE
In 2022, the New England Conservatorium of Music and Friends of the Old Teachers’ College will work together to re-imagine the historic Armidale Teacher’s College.
Our plans include:
- Renovating previously abandoned spaces for community use
- Commissioning recreations of the Hinton Collection for display throughout our hallways
- Creating a community music listening and reading room
- A new museum dedicated to stories of the old teachers’ college
- Making updates and improvements to the auditorium
- Creating a new Early Childhood Music Centre
- Adding a social enterprise café, and
- Reinstating the original 1930s heritage garden design.
Donations will be collected by the New England Conservatorium of Music, a charitable organisation endorsed by the Australian Taxation Office. All funds raised will be used exclusively for re-imagining the Armidale Teachers’ College.
Receipts will be issued immediately, and donations over $2 are fully tax deductible.
FURNITURE DONATION CAMPAIGN
Do you have any excess heritage furniture?
To support our transformation, we are on the hunt for pre-loved furniture items (desks, rugs, tables, armchairs, bookshelves etc.), donated to us from our community.
If you are downsizing, renovating, or just have a beautiful piece that would enjoy a second life here at the College, please contact us as soon as possible!
As a charitable organisation, a recent valuation of your item may also qualify as a tax-deductible gift.